Skip to main content

Day 11 news response

Madelyn Perkovich

Elon Musk has officially published his paper about making humankind a multiplanetary species has been published for free, until July 5th. Musk's vision is based on a reusable rocket that will act as transportation. The architecture could actually get one million people to Mars in the next 50-100 years. This could mean incredible advancement for mankind. Musk also disclaims that there are huge risks, its going to cost a lot, and they might not succeed. For me, this is a bit scary because i'm afraid humans will destroy Mars like we are doing to the Earth. That being said, I think this is also great news because it truly shows the advancement of human technology. Personally though, I don't think I'd like to live on Mars anyway.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 10 writing prompt (switched with 8)

Madelyn Perkovich In my opinion, people take risks for the sake of adventure because they are bored and want the rush. People who do these things aren't necessarily reckless, though they can be. People such as Alex Hannold that do incredibly risky things know the risk factor of what they are doing, yet continue to go farther and farther anyway. Adrenaline is one of the most intense feelings humans can feel, and it goes without saying people seek it out for that reason. People will do the craziest things to seek out a rush. Personally, I think it stems from wanting more out of life, more feeling. it takes determination and bravery to be persistent and seek out the dangerous things in life. Adrenaline rushes and adventure in my own opinion are two of the most amazing things humans can grasp and experience. Once someone feels this kind of "high: it can become addicting, almost like a drug. There aren't many things people wouldn't do to get more out of life. Even those o...

Day 5 writing prompt

Madelyn P.           I can honestly say I agree with what Alexis Bloomer. Our generation is corrupt, lazy, and entitled. If I had to be honest, my opinion is that social media is responsible (along with ourselves) for much of the corruption and behavioral issues. We've grown up in a new age where standards for personality, body image, and a stigma of being "bad" has made us all insecure. While I think what Alexis Bloomer said is true, I don't think this generation is a failure by any means. I think we have all been torn down to some degree by peers, parents wanting us to resemble them, standards, and stress. The world has changed greatly since the last generation were teens, and things are different now. In some (small) aspects, I'm proud of my generation. We have young people fighting to state their opinion, we have young women my age fighting to be heard about feminism, and we have teens fighting for equality daily. Our generation has its...

Day 3 news response

Madelyn Perkovich        I'm not going to lie, my heart beat pretty fast reading this one. I've always been interested in science, particularity physics. Exploring theories on human existence and the composition of our universe can entertain me for hours, it leaves me with the adrenaline of something bigger, heavier, and deeper than day to day life. This is probably the craziest, most mind blowing theory I've read, and before you think its ridiculous, please read the article. So, are we just a computer simulation ? This is actually a legit scientific hypothesis. Moderator Neil DeGrasse Tyson believes it to be as high as a 50/50 chance we are just a program on someones hard drive. Reading on this previously, it is said that a higher up universe, or advanced people from the future could want to simulate the past for entertainment or ancestral purposes. Computers this advanced to make up an entire existence are not far out of reach, even for us. As for prov...