Skip to main content

Day 6 writing prompt

Madelyn P.

I can agree with what Peele said. Humans tend to be scared and selfish. Psychologically, people are just rooted in selfishness, which in my opinion leads to fear and close mindedness. People have the natural desire to be a part of something, especially when that something puts them on the safe side. As history shows, humans tend to retaliate and harm other races/religions/countries when they feel in danger themselves (war) but as some of us know, war will never result in peace. To people, myself included, mobs are terrifying because they posses some of humanity's greatest barbarities. People can be weak and cowardly, and the worst of us deal with this fear by wreaking havoc on others, bringing them down past the level we are on, in order to feel better. People are absolutely terrifying. Humans are completely infatuated and driven crazy by power. People will commit the worst monstrosities in order to feel a sense of power and security. I will never, ever in my life be able to understand racism. To me, I believe it stems back to fear and close mindedness. People tend to be afraid and detest things different from themselves. It is completely tragic to think about black people and the injustices they have endured. People need to practice peace, acceptance, and tolerance. Most importantly though, people need to practice teaching love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 14 news response

      I probably won't be getting a good grade for this one, but I thought i'd announce the news that Salvador Dali had a pet ant eater. He would walk it on a leash in Paris. This guy really didn't care even a little bit. I personally don't think I've ever seen anything more iconic than this guy walking his ant eater.

Daily writing post 2// Is Rapid city any good?

Madelyn Perkovich         When asked about my opinion of Rapid City, I don't typically have much to say. Many teenagers in particular would have negative opinions, I believe this is because they feel limited living here. For example, I don't particularly love living here. That being said, I don't think Rapid City is a bad place to live. For me, I don't enjoy being here because I have many more places I'd like to see and experience. I want to see as much of the world as I can, and as I've grown and established more individuality within myself, I've come to develop preferences. For instance, I would prefer to live somewhere warm, with a beach near by, and a larger spectrum of things to do. I believe you grow as a person the more you travel, and I constantly chase that feeling of growth. So no, I don't hate Rapid, but I don't want to be here either.          Rapid city is a comfortable place, far from lots of the crime and terror and danger of larger

Day 20 news response

Scientists from Curtin university have stated that Mars has been too dry for millions of years to support life. The rover on Mars has proved from the surface of the planet that it is, and has been, too dry. They ran several experiments, one including the formation of rust, to determine the moisture levels on Mars. What they found was that the ratio of rust formation was one to four fewer than Antarctica. Since Antarctica is the driest place on earth, it is confirmed that mars is too arid to support life.